Failure to wash was the major factor contributing to this ignition of clothes dryer fires in residential properties. Dryer vent cleaning is also an area of regular home maintenance neglected by most homeowners. For this reason it has been described as the”hidden danger” in many homes by fire officials. So how do I know whether it is the right time to have my own vent cleaned?
• Clothes (notably towels and jeans ) require a lengthy time to wash.
• The dryer gets hot or warm to the touch when dryer is operating.
• The flappers on the port cap never available when machine is running
If you’re experiencing some of these symptoms it’s dryer duct probably time for you to have your port cleaned. Having your port cleaned and scrutinized contributes to lower endurance cost, faster drying times, and above a diminished chance of dryer fires.
If you recognize how a drier works you will know how essential it’s to have your port washed regularly. Dryers are extremely reliable, and easy to use. You’ll be surprised by how simple this frequent machine is. Clothes dryers have:
• An electric or gas heater that heats the air that is drawn through the clothes because they fall, which then heats the clothes and water in them.
• An exhaust system that moves the moisture out of the dryer into the drier port in the form of steam.
While the clothes on your machine heating up, the water in them turns to steam. The machine subsequently takes that moisture from the kind of steam from the machine, throughout the transition duct (the nozzle at the rear part of your dryer that connects the machine to the walls ) through the dryer vent (located behind the wall) and out of your house. The drier works in combination with the vent to complete the drying procedure. Now that we’ve learned the way the drier works you can see if your vent is clogged or dirty your clothes may take several hours to wash or even worse, can cause your dryer to overheat and catch fire.
Well, it all depends upon several factors like the number of monthly loads, the sort of laundry washed (diapers, towels and other high lint manufacturing items). Other things are the period of the vent and the number of elbows at the vent run. Dryer manufacturers urge that the drier vent be cleaned annually.